I may have felt in the past that obstacles were blocking me from achieving my goals. I may have thought a person or circumstance was keeping me from the healthy, fulfilling life I desire. When these thoughts arise, I turn within. In prayer I acknowledge the truth that God is my strength. No person, place, or thing can keep me from my good. I am free! I am unlimited! With this in mind I focus once again on my goals. I see the next step on my path and I take it. I release any false ideas about obstacles, knowing they will clear as I grow in consciousness. I am free to follow divine ideas and manifest my highest good.
The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to the captives and ... to let the oppressed go free.—Luke 4:18
Dr. Jacqueline Green
you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." (John 16:33
33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” read more »
2. Jesus showed His disciples how to be an overcomer through prayer. The Lord Jesus prayed, "Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing but the body is weak." (Matt. 26:41) Ask the Lord to make you more vigilant and prayerful through all of your waking moments and challenges.
3. Jesus knew that is impossible to overcome all of the problems of life with the empowerment of the Spirit. The Good Shepherd said, "But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you_Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." (John 14:26,27
4. Jesus knew that our biggest enemy would come from within our own sinful human nature. The Good Shepherd said, "It is not what is on the outside of a man that defiles him, but what comes out of his heart: evil thoughts, immorality, theft, murder, adultery, greed, malice, deceit, lewdness, envy, slander, arrogance, and folly." (Mark 7:20,21
5. Jesus knew that all men need to fear God to be overcomers of the world, the flesh and the devil. The Lord said, "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, fear the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell." (Matt. 10:28) Ask the Lord to help you develop a healthy fear, respect and veneration of God in every aspect of life.
6. Jesus knew that nothing could separate Him from the heavenly Father's love. The Lord knew that Paul would write, "Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? As it is written for your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered. No in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us." (Rom. 8:35-37) Ask the Lord to grant you a greater knowledge and appreciation of the breadth, length, height and depth of God's overcoming love. ( Paul Fruit)